Garry’s Mod January 2024 Changelog
January 2024 Patch 2
We are releasing a small patch today with some security fixes. Servers and clients are recommended to update as soon as possible.
The changelog is as follows:
- Made Entity.PhysicsInitMultiConvex throws type errors when given an invalid input
- Removed unused DLLs from game’s folder – bugreporter.dll, sixense.dll, headtrack_oculus.dll
- Shutdown HTML after VGUI – hopefully, fixes a rare crash on game exit
- Made the BSP whitelist case insensitive
- Blocked access to .db files via the file library
- Made GM: OnLuaError available on client and server
- Made LuaMesh.BuildFromTriangles correctly modifies the mesh when used on an already generated mesh – This is now only permitted when the vertex count matches between the existing mesh and the new mesh.
- Added safeguards against malformed .gma files
- Added overflow/underflow safeguards to render.Push/PopRenderTarget functions
- Fixed several security issues reported on HackerOne
January 2024 Hotfix
We are releasing a small patch today with some minor fixes.
The changelog is as follows.
- Fixed saves really not working on maps with spaces in their names
- Fixed a number of security issues reported over the holidays
- Fixed addon file paths being lowercased before being mounted, causing issues for Linux users
- Allowed color correction files (materials/*.raw) and vehicle scripts (scripts/vehicles/*.txt) in map files
- Made “Entity thinking for X ms!!!” physics warning to only appear when “developer” is set to “1” or above